*GCC Statement of Faith as adopted by the Northern Light Association of Churches Statement of Faith
- The Holy Scriptures, as originally given by God, are divinely inspired, infallible, entirely trustworthy, and constitute the only supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct
- There is one God, Creator of heaven and earth, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Our Lord Jesus Christ is God manifest in the flesh; we affirm his virgin birth, sinless humanity, divine miracles, vicarious and atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension, ongoing mediatorial work, and personal return in power and glory.
- The salvation of lost and sinful humanity is possible only through the merits of the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ, received by faith apart from works, and is characterized by regeneration by the Holy Spirit.
- The Holy Spirit gives spiritual gifts to individuals; empowers believers to live a holy life and to witness and work for the Lord Jesus Christ; and convicts individuals of righteousness and of sin.
- The Church, the body of Christ, consists of all true believers.
- All of humanity is created as an expression of God’s image; as such, all of humanity’s cultures are rich in beauty and goodness—though all cultures are tainted by the effects of sin.
- Ultimately God will judge the living and the dead, those who are saved unto the resurrection of life, those who are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
(These were presented in a teaching series March 24 - April 14th 2019. See sermon podcast.)